Do you know your colors?

For those that know yes I'm meaning your Color Me Beautiful palette.

For those that don't the theory is that everyone fits into a season of colors. The colors for the season is supposed to be about what clothing industries put out for that season. Now the original Color Me Beautiful only had 4 seasons, Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter. But there's an expanded version now where there are 12 seasonal palettes, 3 for every season, Clear Spring, Warm Spring, Light Spring, Light Summer, Cool Summer, Soft Summer, Soft Autumn, Warm Autumn, Deep Autumn, Deep Winter, Cool Winter, Clear Winter. Springs and Autumns over all colors are always Warm, generally like yellows, oranges, and browns are usually warm colors. Summers and Winters over all colors are always Cool, generally like blue-greens, blues, and pinky reds. And Springs and Summers are usually more fair and Autumns and Winters are usually richer in their over all coloring. There's actually a lot more to it, some colors cross over, but the basic idea is to help people figure out the best colors for them so that they can go to the store at the right time of year and get those colors of clothing and look healthy and happy all the time.

Now I do think that usually people instinctively know at least some of the colors that look good on them but my mom was always one of those people that had problems with colors and this guide has helped her tremendously. It's really amazing to watch the change when some one starts wearing the best colors for them. Color is really a pretty powerful tool. My mom is a Warm Autumn, I'm a Cool Summer, my husband is a Clear Winter, my oldest is a Deep Autumn, my second is a Light Spring, and my youngest is either a Clear Spring or a Cool Summer like me, he'll be one next month so I'll wait a while and figure him out later.

So, do you know your season?
What colors do you look best in?

BUTTERCUP777

Asked by BUTTERCUP777 at 6:39 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• How would you figure out your colors??? I know that when buying makeup I have to be very careful....I know I need to stay away from yellows and reds and the primary colors...but I'm a fashion idiot.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:45 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Nope, I don't know. I know there have been times when someone has said, wow you look great in that color. But I don't even remember what colors those were.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 7:05 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I wear black as I don't like the colors that supposedly look good but love black.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:31 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Mine are autumn colors like oranges and browns.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 6:49 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I have no clue! Never really thought about it.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 6:55 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Same as this---I have no clue! Never really thought about it.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:54 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Meh, that is way too many seasons for me.  I'm winter.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:41 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I look better in earth tone colors. Deep blues and aqua are my favorite!
    avilio54

Answer by avilio54 at 10:13 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• LOL Yes, I remember that from the 80s. I found an old copy of the book not too long ago to use with our girl scout troop.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:27 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I wear almost ALL black every day so...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:54 AM on Jan. 26, 2011