HELP!!!!!

Do you believe that you can effectivly raise a child and go to school/work???
My child's father thinks that I cant raise my DD properly b/c I work and go to school. I told him to take me back to court then. I have Sole custody of my DD and he has visitation. He tried to get custody the first time and it didnt happen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in General Parenting

• there are plenty of moms who work and go to school while raising their children.

so what...he thinks it's better for him to work and try to raise her? WTF that's stupid logic to me... how can he say you can't do both but he can? or is he planning on not working and trying to support her that way?

GRRRR men like that piss me off!!! sorry, I know I don't know you or him but would love to slap him upside his head about now!
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:52 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I have 2 kids, and work. I think they're doing just fine. Lots of people do it. Don't let him make you doubt yourself. You can do it; it won't be easy, but you can do it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:53 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Hell yea you rock girl! I did it working two jobs and going to school nights...with no child support from his dead beat ass...we have three kids...you are making ends meet and working on a better life for you and your child....don't let anyone tell you you are not a good mom! He is a hater cause he did not get his way in court and will try a million things to make your life miserable!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:54 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Thanks I have been going to school since she was 3 mo I dropped out my 1st yr of college b/c she was hospitalized i started Pure Romance to pay bills (he wasnt helping) i stayed hm with her till she was 10mo went bck to school n got another job I do what I can I try really hard and he makes me so angry b/c he only gets her the weekends he doesnt have to juggle his schedule around to make sure she gets to school u n gt to wrk on time he's off on da weekends.
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 11:56 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• my mom did it with 8, you go girl
    Anonymous