What are your news sources?

And do you make an effort to listen to opposing views?

sweetpotato418

Asked by sweetpotato418 at 7:04 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I get my news from The Onion, Huffington Post and Saturday Night Live....doesn't everyone???
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:41 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I listen to NPR, read Yahoo News, and our local paper online. I'll also peruse the Wall Street Journal and New York Times on-line. I do try to find out "both sides" of the bigger news stories, especially if I'm passionate about the subject.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:12 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I have a wide variety, including smaller news sources.....I do try to listen to opposing views, and realize that there is no way to no anything for sure....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:27 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• All of them - news sources, that is. Not pundits who like to hear themselves talk. With the internet, there is no excuse to not read 4 or 5 versions of the same story before making up your mind.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:28 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• NPR, CNN, Yahoo News & The Daily Show...I know the Daily Show isn't a "real" news source but I learn a lot from it and then I do more research on the story on my own.
    spamica

Answer by spamica at 7:29 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I read local news and national news online and sometimes if I get control of the TV I try and watch on TV too. I go to various sources and yes I read opposing view points then my own but usually just to see whats being said. I have yet to find an opposing news source that changes my mind on what I believe.

Answer by gemgem at 7:35 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I get a combination of BBC, NPR and Comedy Central. I've attempted to consume Fox, but it gives me heartburn.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:10 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• NPR, CNN, BBC, MSNBC, Huffington Post for the most part, but I also read local news sites, national and local newspaper sites (e.g. The Tennessean) or specialty websites with things like science or archaeological news. I read or listen to FOX occasionally, but I find it very biased and annoying. Typically I will only watch/read news from Fox if someone else is watching it, someone sends me a link (or posts one), or if I'm just curious how their story compares to a similar story on another site. Generally I prefer NPR as the most unbiased IMO, but I like to get news from multiple sources.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:24 AM on Jan. 26, 2011