My DD started wetting herself in school (5) years old has been potty trained since she was 3 and is not known for having accidents... I am very alarmed.. please help!

My daughter had wet herself during class yesterday while she was sitting in her seat waiting for school to be done. My daughter has never done this (besides when potty training of course). When she came home yesterday I had to run her upstairs to the bathroom and she barely even made it. She started peeing before she was fully seated on the toilet.
Now she woke up this morning completely soaked in her own urine. She NEVER wets the bed.

Nothing unusual is going on at school or home. Everything is the same. She doesn't have a fever, or complaining of any kind of pain while urinating. Anyone else have this problem?! I am calling the doctors today!! Thank you so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'd have her checked for a bladder infection....it's possible to have one without the other obvious symptoms like burning....Also, has she had more sugar in her diet than usual lately? Sometimes that can cause you to need to urinate more....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:22 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Could she be being bullied somehow? My DD did that in Kindergarten, and I found out that one of the girls in her class was saying unkind things to her. Just talking to me about it seemed to help, she only had one incident.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:22 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Same as scuba my daughter was being bullied badly and she would wet herself.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 7:29 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Talk to her and ask if anything is bothering her at school. Ask the teacher if she has noticed anything. And glad to hear you will cal Dr. GL!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:52 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i agree with all of the above. could be anxiety about some one being mean to her. at that age they are so sensitive it could just be something as little as another kids calling her a baby or name like that. kids get hurt easier by word than adults do. i would also consider a bladder or urinary tract infection. i had a unrinary tract infection about a month ago. and had NO symptoms until one day i woke up and had blood in my urine. i kinda freaked out. so it is very possible it could be all of the above or even some other reasons.
    my little girl had a problem with that last year. mid to late year all of a sudden she wet her self a few times. i couldnt understand it. then i found out she wasnt going potty thru out the day at school and trying to hold it all day. and when she did try to go she wouldnt make it. i told her not to hold it like that cuz it will cause and infection. and i dont think it has happened since.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 8:01 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• one more thing... i know i am long winded....lol...do you know if the teacher is letting her go to the potty when she needs to? try sending a note to her asking her to let her go to the potty (with in reason) when she needs. have her go right before leaving for school. tell her to go at lunch and after recess....GL
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 8:02 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• The other ladies are correct. Make sure there is no medical issues. Our dd was 5 when she ended up in emergency with a bladder infection. I would also get a medical excuse for your child to use the bathroom as needed. My dd teacher wasnt letting them go and she was holding it for to long.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 26, 2011