BAD PARENT!!!???? (asked in another category)

Do you believe that you can effectivly raise a child and go to school/work???
My child's father thinks that I cant raise my DD properly b/c I work and go to school. I told him to take me back to court then. I have Sole custody of my DD and he has visitation. He tried to get custody the first time and it didnt happen.

jazmya_mom

Asked by jazmya_mom at 11:52 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you are doing it for the best for your daughter ,no other person will see anything wrong in doing that . Your ex is just trying to make you feel inadequate and guilty they are good at that so dont fall for it .
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 12:09 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Of course it can be done. It will be tough and you will probably doubt yourself a number of times, but nothing is impossible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Hmmm, I would get up, take my son to school tt teacher, go to work. Pick him up from lunch break, tt teacher, go home for lunch and drop him off w mom. Go back to work. Go home, change for school and help son with homework then go to school. Come back home, read story, say goodnight. Yep - it can be done!

Obviously he cannot fathom doing it but tell him you've got it all under control "as usual".
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 12:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I will answer this from both perspectives. First off, yes, I believe that with God's help, you can do anything. With that being said, are you the type of ex that keeps your child away from Dad simply because you can? Is he threatening to take you back to court because he is desperate and just wants more time and opportunity to see his child. I truely believe that many Dads out there are fantastic Dads but are robbed of the opportunity. I've lived it on both sides. Dads simply get screwed in divorces. Period. He may not have as much on his plate and feels like he should be given the same opportunity with his child as you. The best thing...don't fight. Let him have frequent and liberal time with his child (unless there are abuse issues). Let him be an every day part. Don't ever shut him out of the child's life no matter how much distain YOU may have for him. That makes the child's life very difficult.
    mommamia973

Answer by mommamia973 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• mommamia... my daughter is with her dad everyweekend all holidays except da major ones every other yr we trade. i dnt hav a problem wit him seeing her i wont him away frm me. he was very emotionally n physically abusive.
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 10:50 AM on Nov. 15, 2008