help me i am ready to pull my hair out

ok i have a 16 month old daughter isabella and a 7week old daughter annabell to start offf my dd annabell will not let me get anything done she wants me to hold her or wear her 24/7 and on top of that she will not eat for my husband who is her dad and no one else but me and on top of that when i have annabell my daughter isabella wants to have me carry her too and be what i call up butt syndrom lol and i cant get my house clean or nap or sleep or eat or shower it is getting to the point that i want to pull my hair out please some one help me and also my husband works 50+ hrs a week so i am on my own

mommyrecord2011

Asked by mommyrecord2011 at 7:53 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• I am overwhelmed just thinking about you.

tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:57 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• stop. breathe. baby girl can cry for a couple minutes, it's not gonna kill her. older girlie can have some "jobs" to get her outta ur hair (put all the baby's rattles on the shelf, throw the dirty diapers away)... call your mom or bestie and get them over there so you can take a nap, a shower and clean your house! no one thinks you can do it all by yourself. my biggest problem was insisting i could do everything alone. it didn't make things any easier on my kid or on me. get some help from somebody whenever you can.
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 7:58 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• would she be content in a swing while you get some stuff done? i know its hard in the beginning. when my 3rd was born, i also had a 13 month old and a 3 year old. luckily she was the easiest baby who was content to lay in her playpen and stare at her little lambs or sleep in the swing, but its actually harder now that they are 4, 2, and 1. sometimes the little one just has to stay in her playpen (where she is 100% safe) while i cook or clean. dont beat yourself up mommy - there will be days like this but there will also be wonderful days :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:01 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Wow. I have a 16 month old son, and he's a handful by himself, so I can't even imagine what you are going through. I agree with shilohsmama425, though. Take a deep, deep breathe and ask for help.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:05 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Besides getting some occasional help, put both in their cribs (I'm assuming the 16 mo. old still sleeps in a crib.) for naptimes and then do what you have to do, a little at a time. You don't have to do everything in one day. The 7 week old can be put in her carseat or whatever else you use to transport her (When my kids were little, I used a nip-nap.), buckle her in, while your other little girl is in her crib, and then take the littler one in the bathroom with you to take your shower. You can peek out of the curtain to make sure she's alright or to talk to her if she cries. When my first son was little (I have 4 grown children now.), and he was sleeping in a bed, we had the door to his room cut in half so that we could swing open the top and lock the bottom to keep him in. Nowadays there are so many gates available, purchase one and "lock" the older baby in her room. Get one other thing done in your house each day! GL!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:10 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I would encourage your oldest to be 'mommas helper' and get her involved in helping you with some of the easier household things or helping with baby sis (she is old enough to go get a diaper). As for the baby I would try putting her in a swing or bouncy seat for short periods of time. One thing I did when mine were little was I hired a "mothers helper" (a friends tween daughter) to come over and help. She entertained the kids while I was able to get housework done and also work. If you have any teens or tweens in your neighborhood you may want to consider asking if they would be a mother's helper. Another thing I did was I tried to get my kids on a schedule, and when they were napping I would get things done. Good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:06 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My son was just like your younger daughter. He would "sleep" only when I was "sleeping" and he was nursing. He was pretty much always hungry, and when not hungry or sleeping, he wanted to be held and moved around the room so he could see more things. It sounds like she may need more stimulation. You are lucky to have an older daughter who can help you stimulate your younger daughter. Let her show her baby sister things like her dollies and let her tell baby sister about favorite tv programs...it may help.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 9:33 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My girls are only 15 months apart, so I can relate to what you are going through. First thing that will help you relax. Screw the cleaning, at this point it will get done when it gets done. Pick up for about 30 mins in the evening when dh is home. Wear your infant and allow dd to be your special helper. Nap with both babies, read and have lots of cuddle time.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:43 AM on Jan. 26, 2011