What are some good free sites to watch tv?

Eventually I want to ditch cable altogether because it costs too much and for all the channels that come with it, there never seems to be anything good to watch anyway. How do I find some good free sites to watch a lot of different shows? I've searched the web for sites and although I did find some decent sites, some of them want you to sign up for an account while others make you pay for certain shows. Anyone know of some good sites?

browneyes27

Asked by browneyes27 at 7:55 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Entertainment

• I know you said free but I wanted to share this with you. I have a Netflix account its like 7 dollars a month and you can watch a TON of movies, tv, and everything instantly and even have dvds sent to your house that are not available instant. I do not have cable at the moment because I cannot afford it so I have Internet and Netflix and it has been amazing because I can watch what I want instead of channel surfing trying to find something I am interested in. Check it out because it is worth it and very cheap.

bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 8:16 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Most of the channels out there have full episodes on their websites. Just do a search and check them out to see what they offer. I will miss a favorite show of mine now and then and I just go to their website and catch up there.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:04 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Hulu.com I love it! And if you have locals that you have favorite shows on you can catch up on them on their own website. We have thought of doing the same thing. You can also get something called an S cable to stream from your computer into your tv. They both have to be compatable.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 8:06 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I use Hula and I have Netflix. I love Netflix I have it hooked up to my Wii and my son can watch what he wants without me having to give up my computer.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 10:58 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• go to the networks... like abc.com or cbs.com
    they will show you all their past shows for free
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 12:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• S cable huh, good to know the name of it because I didn't know what I needed to use to be able to watch free tv, thanks.
    browneyes27

Comment by browneyes27 (original poster) at 8:07 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Project free tv and tv duck.
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 8:16 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I was thinking about joining netflix because my daughter's dad had it and he liked it. For $7 that price can't be beat. You said that you get to watch a lot of shows for that price, hmm, I'm going to look into that and seriously ditch cable.
    browneyes27

Comment by browneyes27 (original poster) at 8:17 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• It does have limits like you can have only one dvd sent to your home at one time unless you do the other packages but its just my SO, my son and me and we dont spend a lot of time around the tv so it has worked out great for us.
    bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 8:20 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• YOU TUBE EPISODES OF YOUR FAVORITE PROGRAM
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2011