Walmart

My dds earing fell out yesterday so I was going to buy her a pair at Walmart. Only because Im going there anyway. Would you buy gold earrings at walmart?? Should I not? Im just worried that they wont be real or that I might get ripped off. Anyone buy jewelry there before? TIA

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 7:57 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Walmart is a fine store to buy gold earrings for a little girl. Make sure that the studs are regular size. They might even had screw back earrings at Walmart, which is my suggestion for a little girl.

My dd's earrings came from JC Penney and they are screw back. If you cannot find screw back earrings, you can always stop at piercing pagoda and buy the backs that lock in place and replace the backs that came with the earrings. That's make it harder for the earrings to fall out accidentally, plus it'll make it safer for the girl, since she won't get poked by the stud while sleeping of if she falls and hits her ear.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 8:11 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My son bought me a lovely pair of CZ studs mounted in 14k gold when he was 16. They are very nice. He and his wife also bought their wedding bands there. They are stamped 14 and 10K. Gold isn't where you'll get ripped off as long as you know the difference between 14k g and 14k gp. Stones, like diamonds is where you have to be careful. A diamond is a diamond...but not all are close to equal. Walmart is where you will find diamonds with many flaws. To the average eye does it matter?...not in the least.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:02 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I bought my mothers ring at walmart and it looks great and I thought the prices were fine.
    ncmomma3152

Answer by ncmomma3152 at 7:59 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• if they're advertised as real, solid gold then they have to be. they'll just be cheaper :)
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 7:59 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Thanks Dalimonster. She had screw backs so Im going with them again. JCPenny is in the area and I was thinking fo stopping there too. How are their prices with jewelry?
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 8:14 AM on Jan. 26, 2011