SAHM's - Do You Get Dressed and Do Your Hair/Makeup Everyday?

I do. I find that I feel better about myself and get more done if I've got some make up on and I'm not in my jammies. I know a lot of moms that do as well, but an acquaintance told me that it was stupid, and I was trying to "act like someone I'm not." I responded "like someone who cares about her appearance?" and she stomped off. I don't judge people, I don't know why she felt she had to make that comment to me.

Do you do hair/makeup? Any thoughts on what the acquaintance said?

Scuba

Asked by Scuba at 8:30 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Eh, some days I don't get dressed just because. I don't wear make-up and my hair is at least brushed, lol. My house is clean, chores are done, dinner is made and we are all good.

I don't think it's stupid, just a personal preference. It doesn't mean someone doesn't care about themselves either.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:35 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I don't. But I do a couple times a week at least, and yes- it makes you feel good! As matter of fact... I should do it today (even though we're painting- haha).
    I think what your acquaintance said was silly and petty. Don't worry about it.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 8:33 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i dont normally unless i have some where to go.. and she made herself look stupid. she must be jealous or something of you being a SAHM
    sandjmom99

Answer by sandjmom99 at 8:36 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I get dressed and fix my hair every day, but I don't wear make up very often anyway so I don't worry about that. We homeschool and the kids are home all day too but they have to get up and get dressed just the same. I want everyone ready should we need to go somewhere and I don't want us in jammies if someone stops by.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:41 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I think your friend's comment was out of line. Each person should do what makes them feel best, and if for you that means dressing and fixing yourself up a little, then so be it. If she doesn't want to, good for her.
    I work at home, and I do get dressed every day, but don't do anything else for my appearance unless I'm going somewhere or someone is coming to the house. I really don't like wearing makeup anyway.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:35 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I get dressed, brush my hair and teeth, and put on moisturizer. I don't put on makeup most days unless I have an appointment. I think your acquaintance was out of line. It's about how YOU feel - if it makes you feel better to look good, then more power to you!

Answer by missanc at 8:38 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I have lots of time on my hands. Part of this time is spent on my appearance. I might go somewhere later. Someone might show up at my door. I don't like feeling bummy.. lol. I guess some people just don't think before they insert their foot in their mouths, eh? I wonder who she thought you were trying to be, besides your best possible self?
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 8:39 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I only put makeup on if I'm going to be running errands, etc. I do get dressed every morning, it's usually comfy clothes, and if I need to leave I change into jeans...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:40 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Honestly if I do get dressed everyday but not dressed up or anything like that. If the kids are on vacation or snow days though it isnt unusual for all of us to sit around in our pajamas most of the day. I dont wear make up everyday, never have. I dont think its good for your skin so that is why I choose not to do it. I will wear it if we are going somewhere like a sports game for the kids, parent teacher conf, movies etc. But it comes off as soon as I get home.

Answer by gemgem at 8:42 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I get dressed for the day, but that's about it. I don't wear much make-up anyway, really only for special occasions, and my hair is a short, easy "do", so run a brush through it and I'm good for the day.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:43 AM on Jan. 26, 2011