I really don't see the purpose for space exploration, aren't people starving here?

When those billions are made for mars, the moon, space, even hubble, and satellites, to waste and be wasted, while billions of children and families all over our inhabited earth starve each minute.

coffeeyum

Asked by coffeeyum at 8:44 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Technology

• I agree. But I also feel the same about the stars (hollywood type). They get high reviews for saving kids in other countries when they don't do anything about the ones in their own.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:47 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• It's only 5:46am here so please forgive me for not being able to form a more elaborate answer at this moment. I just want to say I don't agree at all. The simple fact that you are using the internet is thanks to space exploration. How do you think the satellites are up there? Not to mention the simple question of life on other planets or if other planets can ever be inhabited by humans.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 8:50 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• we can learn how to colonize and populate our neighboring planets

My issue with this...we haven't learned how to properly take care of this planet to begin with so how are we going to take care of other planets? Will we be like locusts?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:51 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• zoeyis,
    do you believe all that hype you typed? Isn't it mattering that the ones with no place to sleep and eating trash right now are more important than a planet that has no food whatsoever!!
    coffeeyum

Comment by coffeeyum (original poster) at 8:51 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Amen to that.........I understand they are exploring to find new technology and resources, but they have been doing that for years with no results and billions of $$$$ spent. It's like having a credit card and going crazy with it and getting nothing but in debt by doing it. I would be more understanding if they come up with something that we could see were benefiting from.........

zbee

Answer by zbee at 8:52 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Orionsgirl
    THanks for pointing that out. Really I wouldn't have known, (sarchasm) excuses excuses, for not helping poor starved, etc. We still could have and will take time to do this regardless of whether the internet is here or not, just like those with their heads in the clouds will still opt to just research the space options, they feel are more important, or fall prey to .
    coffeeyum

Comment by coffeeyum (original poster) at 8:53 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Coffeeyum..........hang on were going to be bashed because we didn't state all the great that has been done. Like you I'm concerned with the homeless and hungry. Also those that can't even feed their family.....show me the MONEY.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 8:56 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• obama put an end to space exploration anyway, so no need to bitch about it.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:00 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• http://ecology.com/features/astroculture/index.html

Interesting stuff. And there have been a lot of medical advances. I submit to you there would be MORE starving and more DEAD without the exploration. That money would NEVER have gone to feeding people.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:33 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:57 AM on Jan. 26, 2011