Is this a harsh punishment for a child?

By all means, it's none of my business how she parents her own child, but her daughter got in trouble at school, so by punishing her child she took all of her clothes out of her drawers, threw them on the floor, making her fold every single one and put them away. she took all the toys on the floor for her to pick up as well, and then today she is making her watch her throw more toys...IN THE TRASH!!!!

Everyone has different views on parenting, but I just think this is a bit much. Although it's none of my business, I kinda feel bad because she's only 6.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Who is she? The parent or the child? Sounds like she is acting like a child!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:48 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I think any punishment is harsh and just goes to show a parent only looks at the behaviour of a child and not what is going on inside a child's head.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 8:49 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• That seems pretty extreme to me for a 6-yo. What could she possibly have done to warrant that kind of punishment? I feel bad for that little girl.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:54 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• How old is the child? If shes doing this to a small child or even a tween yea it is harsh.

With mine I actually TAKE everything out of their room for punishment (if its real bad) and make them earn everything back. I take the TV. Laptops, game systems, MP3 players etc and leave just their clothes and bedding. I dont do this with the small kids though, just with my teens.

Answer by gemgem at 8:56 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Wow, mom is definately going overboard here and really isn't teaching her DD anything. That poor child.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:56 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• What did the child do? How do you know all of this was done? Just curious because it seems strange that you know a lot of details about the punishment but have said nothing about what happened to cause the Mom to react like this.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:57 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• The parent said the school called her because her DD ''flipped out'' & when they told the DD she was calling her mother, she went even more crazy. She also stated she embarrassed her a** in school today, and told everyone she would beat her, but she's not going to jail for her.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:57 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• the only thing the child will learn is mommy's an idiot and i can't trust her when i have a problem. this will cause all kinds of problems when she's a teenager if she keeps up this kind of "punishment".
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:58 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• MrsLeftlane - I know because it's all over her facebook page!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:58 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• That is cruel and horrible treatment. No wonder this little girl flipped out when they said they were going to call he "mother". Poor little thing......wish I knew her "mother" using the word mother loosely here.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 9:02 AM on Jan. 26, 2011