Poor, hungry starved, and dirty, homeless, and at harvard?

We will all be sending homeless to harvard if we don't stop overspending with grandiose spending, on frivolous higher priced luxuries, and things we can ALL DO VERY WELL WITHOUT>
I wonder if

1 person can be able to endure a day, just 1 day like one of them in a *place* where they have no water, etc.

*not harvard

coffeeyum

Asked by coffeeyum at 8:47 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Well I can't compare even one hard day i've ever had to someone on the streets.However, I have went without running water and electricity before for weeks.It wasn't fun but you learn to improvise for the time being.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:51 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Ive done it. When my ex and me split up I lost everything. I had to spend the night in a hospital chapel on the floor worried if someone would come throw me out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I mean like in NO WATER AT ALL< like at the places in Africa, or France sometimes when the lakes are dry and nobody has anything.
    coffeeyum

Comment by coffeeyum (original poster) at 8:55 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Oh well we Americans would be an absolute wreck.Some have stocked up water bottles but once they run out..not to mention they'd have to fight to keep their stash for their famlies.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:58 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I have no idea what the hell you are talking about.
    Link??
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:07 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Being homeless is not as hard if well strategized. I slept in my car for several months before and when I got rehired. I was laid off in November of 2009. I parked in unmarked apartment stalls and in alley ways. I would park close to midnight after everyone pretty much has settled in, and then would leave around six (before people got into their cars). When the winter set in, I already had a fob key with a combination so that I slept in a room at my place at work. I left at 5:30 before the custodians came in (at 6am). Then, I would go to McDonalds to get a $1 cup of coffee and change into different clothes. I showered only once a week at a public place (like the Y), french braided my hair constantly and wore plenty of deoderant and perfume. Everything, was stored in the trunk of my car. I carried make up, toothbrush and toothpaste in my business bag. Nobody noticed.

My daughter is living in college dorms.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 10:14 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I have no idea how this links to going to Harvard?
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:20 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Well, since this is not a 3rd world country, we take care of children, mentally ill, and people out of work as much as we can. Would YOU like to live without water or electricity? Do you think other people should, just to teach them a lesson? Maybe you would prefer to see people starving and begging on the streets. That would do much for the standard of living for all of the people in this country. Also...I think you are mistaken in thinking that homeless people are going to Harvard on the taxpayers dime. Last I heard Harvard is quite expensive, and competitive to get in to.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:49 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• bump!
    coffeeyum

Comment by coffeeyum (original poster) at 1:00 AM on Feb. 13, 2011