Do you think ''hollywood'' types get perks and bonuses for helping out of sorts, neglected 3rd world children?

Do they have room for them first and help because they are nice, or do they get a kickback from the ''stars'' funding grammys?

coffeeyum

Asked by coffeeyum at 8:49 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I have to wonder about some star's motives. I would like to think ti's because they want to give those children a nice life - but when I hear about the nannies, boarding schools, etc. I question their motives. I'm going to bet that some do it just because they think it will help their image.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:51 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I just don't get it and possibly can not understand why on earth these a listers do this....To each his own but I think it is weird.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but i watched an interview one time where it talked about clebritities and fund raisers. Some do it for free, but most celebritities get paid for attending a charity or fundraiser, even one's they are "supporting". They are really just a face to draw out people's money.

It'd be nice to see more celebrities actually spend some money on charity, rather than 50,0000 a night hotel rooms, and other silly stuff no one needs. We do a lot of charity work and donations, so i don't feel as though these celebrities are any example of anything but foolish spenidng and selfishness.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 9:39 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• they should support their own country and children that need to be adopted. It is really sad to see how unfair or just odd perpectives on people that choose to support outside of their own country. Maybe they are getting kickbacks , but I for one do not approve of all this Angelina, Madonna adoption parades they have going on. Is this a form of therapy for them? Who knows....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Who cares WHY they help, as long as they do!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:06 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• yeah! but oh well as least they are helping. thta is a very true statement. you just hope they do it for the right reasons , not for poplularity reasons.
    Wendi W.

Answer by Wendi W. at 2:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2011