Obamas imbalanced budget.

Talking out of both sides of his mouth?

The ledger did not appear to be adding up Tuesday night when President Barack Obama urged more spending on one hand and a spending freeze on the other.

Obama spoke ambitiously of putting money into roads, research, education, efficient cars, high-speed rail and other initiatives in his State of the Union speech. He pointed to the transportation and construction projects of the last two years and proposed "we redouble these efforts." He coupled this with a call to "freeze annual domestic spending for the next five years."

But Obama offered far more examples of where he would spend than where he would cut, and some of the areas he identified for savings are not certain to yield much if anything.

For example, he said he wants to eliminate "billions in taxpayer dollars we currently give to oil companies." Yet he made a similar proposal last year that went nowhere. He sought $36.5 billion in tax increases on oil and gas companies over the next decade, but Congress largely ignored the request, even though Democrats were then in charge of both houses of Congress.

A look at some of Obama's statements Tuesday night and how they compare with the facts:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/FACT-CHECK-Obama-and-his-apf-989878074.html?x=0&.v=2

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 9:07 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Fluff and Bullshit mostly.
    Yup, that's what I got out of the transcript.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:09 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Me too, jewjew.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 9:12 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i dont like this prez. if i wanted someone to blow smoke up my @$$ i would sit on top a lit chimney. that actually might be more pleasant.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 9:13 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Very disappointing, but not surprising. He has been making impossible fiscal promises since he was on the campaign trail.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:27 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• . He has been making impossible fiscal promises since he was on the campaign trail.
    ----
    Uh oh Scuba. I think you're on to him. Obama is officially after last night Back on the Campaign Trail.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:34 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I'll bump ya Carpy, but I think the right is just waiting now for his time to be up because all of this really is just more of what he's been spewing since he opened his shit eating grin in 2006.
    The left? Well, it must be free pass day again.
    Free Obama Pass day reminds me of the movie " Ground Hog Day"
    SSDD
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:36 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Actually, you can now have steam directed up your hoohaw at the spa!

http://www.latimes.com/health/la-he-v-steam-20101220,0,3315605.story

SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 9:39 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• sounds invigorating Super
    But the only thing I allow in the coveted hoohaw is a Spectacular Manshank.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:44 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• "i dont like this prez. if i wanted someone to blow smoke up my @$$ i would sit on top a lit chimney. that actually might be more pleasant."

How did you like 8 years of smoke blown up your @$$ by GW Bush? At least when Obama lies, no one dies.
    peggy572

Answer by peggy572 at 9:46 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• How did you like 8 years of smoke blown up your @$$ by GW Bush? At least when Obama lies, no one dies

Kerp-ie Gertie Lu reincarnated!!! Oh wait, can I say reincarnated without liberal directive?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:55 AM on Jan. 26, 2011