Why are my toe nails yellow?

What does that mean? Am i not getting enough...something? Its not the whole toe nail just the tips. Is it because I had nail polish on them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Health

• could be the polish. some brands, if I have it on too long, it stains and depending on the dyes used in it is what color it stains.

could be fungal infection but that's generally just 1 toe...so if it's all I don't think that's it.

if it were a vitamin deficiency, I'd think your fingernails would also be discolored.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:01 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• It could be fungus. Are your toe nails getting thicker also?
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 12:04 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• do you smoke?

snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 12:05 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• snoober - I'm confused LOL sorry...I'm a smoker and my toenails aren't yellow... my fingernails get a yellow tinge if I smoke to much though...it's due to the nicotine actually sticking to them... I don't see the connection to the toe nails...
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:09 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• it's the polish...it's very common...
    Anonymous

• It could be the polish or it could be that you have a fungus on your toenail...my husband has this yellow toenails but it is because he has some kind of fungus and it makes your toenails yellow. Especially at the very tip of the mail!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• what kind of vitamin deficiency? Thats what I was thinking it was.
    Anonymous

• You may need to keep your socks and shoes off and get some sunlight on them. Vitamin D from the sun might be something you need for your toes...Do 15 min increments of sunlight by a window, or if you live somewhere warm sit directly under sunlight and do it for a week, and see if that helps any. All the other options make sense also, Fungus, Cheap Nail Polishes,Vitamins, etc...Good Luck.

MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• flutterfae- well some people smoke with their toes!

j/k
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 5:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2008