MIL's

Why is it easier for my MIL to call me, and ask me to call my BIL (her son), and ask him about the details for his up coming party this weekend??? Why the middle (wo)man? Please tell me!!!

(There should be a In-Law cateory. LOL)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Perhaps she's non-confrontational and is afraid to ask him....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:30 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i guess the same reason my MIL feels she should tell me if we are going to send my BIL a bday card we should get it out because his bday is next week! UH, no! im not sending him a bday card...they never send us bday cards! i've sent them cards the last 3 yrs and they havent sent us not 1! i'm not doing it this year. they don't even send one for my son, so no.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:31 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Are MIL and BIL having some sot of problem? That's pretty strange.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:31 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• with my first husband i had this issue... drove me NUTS i found out later it was because some times she didnt know what to talk to me about ( we didnt have a drop in common) and so that was her way to talk and get me involved in the family.... no idea if thats the case but ya could ask her....
    GreinerMum3girl

Answer by GreinerMum3girl at 9:31 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• "I don't know. Maybe you should call him."
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 9:32 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i do love my MIL..and i know she means well
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:32 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Maybe she's sharing information with you without trying to look obvious. Like, if your BIL is having a party this weekend, she wants to make sure he invites you. Just a stab in the dark! Who can really know the motivations behind something like this?!?
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:35 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Hey now I love her just the same but you all are being too nice. Is this not a website for letting it all out? Come on now. Nobody else here has anything to get off their chest about their In-Laws? It's only natural every now and then. She is far from Non-confrontational that''s why she has no problem telling me what to do. And she has no problem talking and telling her son and telling him what to do. That's just her personality. She likes to make things difficult and stir things up. Plus I am a SAHM, so there for I sit around and do nothing unless she calls me to tell me what to do. LOL.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:44 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I would refuse to allow myself to be put in the middle. You are the one who stands to end up being accused of giving false information. The answer is, "I do not have time today to be making extra phone calls, and besides that, I have so much on my mind that I might get it wrong. So you should just call him yourself." Period. End of discussion. She's playing games but you do not have to participate, and I would not do it. Been there. Done that. Got the tee shirt and the scars!!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:48 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Ask her. Ask your husband. Ask your BIL. Yes, I think that would be a wonderful idea. Call your BIL and tell him that his mother gave you the assignment of finding out the details, and then start conjecturing about the reasons she thinks she needs to run your life and stir things up and ask him what he intends to do about it? That ought to go over well. Play games with her and see how she likes it. Or give the assignment to your husband. Let him call his brother and his mother. Is there some big mystery surronding this party or is this busy work?
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 10:10 AM on Jan. 26, 2011