How soon after birth can you excerise?

i had an episotomy

firstimemommy21

Asked by firstimemommy21 at 9:31 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• the doctor has to pass it at your six week apt.
    shannonrenee09

Answer by shannonrenee09 at 9:32 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I'd wait until your follow up with the doctor.
    lmthen

Answer by lmthen at 10:26 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I could have at 6 weeks, but I did not feel comfortable until almost 3 months. I tore really badly and the doc did a horrible job sewing me up and things just didn't feel right for a long time.
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 10:47 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I would wait for a checkup and see what the dr says, but i would think that 4-6 weeks would be the typical amt of time.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:01 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My OBGYN said that everything seemed fine but I should wait until my first check up with her. After that check up, she said all was great and I could begin exercising and I believe that was 2 weeks after having my daughter.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:13 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i had a c section so maybe its different form everyone else. I was given the go ahead by my dr, but was told to pace myself and to listen to your body.
    goodfriendeva

Answer by goodfriendeva at 1:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• after your 6 six week appointment is ussualy ok.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 2:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• after your 6 week pp appointment
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• The doc has to clear you. It's usually at your 6 week appointment, unless you're not healed.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:44 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• 6 weeks is normally what the doc says... i would ask your OB... mine cleared me for certain things like walking and yoga after 3 weeks, but i had a csection and since this was my 3rd i'm familiar with which ways i can and can not move.
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2011