Getting to know someone online?

How do you do it? I am terrible with chat....as far as asking personal type questions. I can chat with someone about everyday things such as the weather etc...but how do you really get to know someone that way? Thanks for any help...I need it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't think you can really know a person by just chatting on-line. You can learn so much more about someone by talking on phone. (Before you decide to meet them in person).
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:37 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• You cannot get to know a person on line. You can ask questions and get answers, which may or may not be the truth. The only way to get to know a person is to spend time with them so that you can observe how they handle people, situations, and circumstances. Anybody can tell you anything at any time, but there is no way to get to know someone short of spending quality time in his presence.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:45 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• For me it is easier b/c there is no awkward face to face, getting to know you, superficial dialog. I just jump in. For example, I am an early childhood therapist, I have worked with kids under five for about 20 years. Moved to RI from the Berkshires to work at a children's psych hospital...currently have a 14year old, and two foster children: Hunter (one and a halfyrs & Sophia 2yrs).

I could write forever, about my life when I was young, when I was wild, about now when I am still a big kid....just ask questions..if you were meant to meet people that you are compatible with then you will...If not, then you can just stop writing :) So, let me make it easier, "where are you from?" AND "is there SNOW there?" We are about to get about 18 more inches!!!! Just ask questions..answer questions..be bold!
    Rowen121

Answer by Rowen121 at 9:46 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Chatting on-line works better if you have no expectations, and just want to have fun.
    Destiny may bring you a Prince, but you may also meet many poisonous frogs. Are you prepared for this ?

Also be careful with revealing personal / intimate information, especially pictures !!!
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 26, 2011