What would you do if someone is bullying your kid at school??

My 5th grader has two boys that are always calling him Fagot and other names. He says they do it all the boys but my suspicions are that my sons HATES it and the bullies know this so they pick on him a lot more!! We have gone to the teacher who is a sweet woman who really does not seem to know how to handle the situation. I am starting to get upset because it seems to be lasting a lot longer then it expected! Isn't there any child protected laws from BULLYS!? Oh. and these boys are a lot bigger then the other boys.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Have you tried having a meeting with the principal and the bullies' parents?
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 9:58 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• MA has laws against bullying...
    http://www.lawlib.state.ma.us/subject/about/bullying.html
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 9:59 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• What i would do is go to the principal (THE TOP) and complain to have it stopped. If this did not work I would take my child out of that school.
    avilio54

Answer by avilio54 at 9:59 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My son was bullied in Jr. high, starting a new school, He was bullied in my presence, kids not knowing who I was. I took them apart, and told them I knew who they were , their names, etc, and I would not hesitate to report them to the principal or talk to their parents, if it did not stop. It stopped immediately and those boys that were bulling him eventually became his friends.

Answer by older at 10:00 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I would have your son talk to the guidance counselor. My DD (5th grade) recently went through this with a group of girls who were always picking on her. The guidance counselor helped her deal with the situation, and also talked to my DD's entire class about what bullying means. To be honest, after the class meeting they picked on DD even more for awhile, but the guidance counselor's advice helped her basically ignore them and not take it to heart. They leave her alone now.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:00 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I would do the same thing I did with my 5 year old this year... Go directly to his teacher, explain first of all we do not use that kind of language in our home, second I don't appreciate this kid calling my kid it (Bastard), and how we had to than explain to our child how and why he is not one! Both his parents are married, he was born in wedlock, and it is a naughty word.

I also this year, had to after my 15 year old was dropped off from carpool, drive back to the school, where the marks on his neck were photographed, and took care of the kid bullying him!!! I will not tolerate it at all.. oh and I posted pictures I took to my social networking sites and explained the whole thing!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• There isn't a child protective law against bullying. The next step would be to go to the school principle and/or counselor to try and get them to help you handle the situation.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:02 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• put in a complaint with the principal. have a meetin with the principal an to speak with the boys parents they may not know that their child is a bully...keep a paper trail of what happ..have your son keep a papertrail of what happenin..just in case the principal doesnt do anything..then u have proof that you came the school for if u ever had to go the school board..

FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 10:03 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• The next thing I would do is to call the Principals office and ask to have a meeting with him/her and the teacher.
    It would be helpful if you had dates and names plus descriptions of the events to back up your problem.
    masmithltd

Answer by masmithltd at 10:19 AM on Jan. 26, 2011