My 3 yr old daughter

Ok well my 3 yr old daughter watches the yo gabba gabba show but i dont think some of the people on that show are good for my daughter to be watching. Or the shows with grown men dancing an singing around. Should i keep letting her watch them

Trinismom2008

Asked by Trinismom2008 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in General Parenting

• Not if you don't feel comfortable with her watching them. Just turn them off and put something else on.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 12:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I never cared for yo gabba gabba, my daughter has not seen it. I do not like sponge bob, I do not let her watch it either. in fact she does not watch commercial TV at all. Its either PBS or DVDs. I can control watch she watches so I only let her watch things that are mostly educational
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 12:09 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• You do what you think is right for you child..If you think some of that show is offencive. Do not let her watch it.

Answer by louise2 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I mean i let my daughter watch spongbob and dora the explora and stuff like that.
    Trinismom2008

Answer by Trinismom2008 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I will start with..if you don't want her watching it..turn it off. There were and are many shows my kids/grandkids weren't allowed to watch.
    By men "singing an dancing around" are you referring to the "Wiggles". The show is admittedly annoying for adults, but so are most kids shows. Have you really paid attention to this show. It is all about manners, and eating healthy food, not just being a couch potato and cherishing your friends. I have a really hard time finding anything wrong with that. My grandson is almost 5. While he is past "Wiggle-mania" he does still enjoy watching, and they love the CDs in the car. As always IMO.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:24 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I personally love Yo Gabba Gabba, but if you are comfortable with something, you should follow your instincts. That is why they are there.

I'm not really sure what everyone's problem with YGG is... yeah, I'm sure it's obnoxious, but it teaches them all kinds of excellent lessons. I've never seen anything questionable in my opinion.

And, grown men do sometimes dance and sing. It's not a big deal.
    Anonymous

• She's your daughter. You follow your instincts for her. If you don't like the shows, then they are not right for your family.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• If you don't like her watching them, don't let her. My DD is only 10 months old, but she is not allowed to watch Dora or Hey, Manny (or whatever it is) simply because I want her to speak English first and not get confused between Spanish and English. I don't have anything against them, they will just be watched at a later date. As for YGG, it is annoying, but grown men dancing is not a bad thing...
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 7:28 PM on Nov. 14, 2008