What is up with all the bashing of MIL questions/posts?

Alright already. First off let me say I love my family with all my heart including my in-laws. With that being said, I like to use this website to get things off my chest. You know so I don't say things I regret and maybe to get a little empathy. Lighten up people. Every time I have something negative to say about my In-laws you all "bash" my "bashing". Come on. Don't tell me you all get along in this perfect little world and your relationships with your MIL's are all hugs and kisses. You not going to ALWAYS agree about everything. I don't always agree with my own mother. If you agree with me please BUMP. If not, good for you and move on to the next question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Not too many people have an actual "good" MIL??? I know mine has been the most hell I've ever seen? She stabbed my husband in the back when he went through his divorce even though it was his ex that did his brother and cousin, and 2 other guys known of... She has used my husband for his money than tried to make it seem like it was others doing it to him... she after my husband and I had kids wants nothing to do with them because they were born the wrong sex??? She wanted a daughter so she was given 3 sons, and my husband and I have three sons... my boys are a blessing!!! I would do it all over again too...

But thankfully my MIL taught me what not to do so I can be the blessing to my daughter in laws in the future!!! I plan to take it as a learning expirience and let mine sit in the crap she created for herself, eventually it'll all bite her back in the arse!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:11 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I think the biggest issue are those that complain over normal tiny things compared to those that went through things that are seen as unforgivable? Such as if one gave a grandkid booze or drugs...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:13 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I despise my MIL
    Im sure there are great MIL's out there, but mine doesnt happen to be one. Its not that she harrasses us or is mean, I just hate her for how she abandoned her son to live with his GF(me) when he was only 17 because her boyfriend of ONE month didnt want him to live with them, they broke up about 2 months later, but she still never wanted her son to come back. I cant beleive she really says she was a wonderful mother. the longest they ever lived in one home was a year, he got shuffled back and forth to grandma, aunt, she even left him with her ex after he dumped her. She Left him with her EX!! What kind of woman does that? I never post "I hate my MIL" vents because we don't really have anything to do with her
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:15 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I haven't read the posts yet, but I can tell you the one person in my life I would be happy to never see again would be my MIL. My relationship with my own mother is not perfect, but my relationship with my MIL is equal to spending time in hell. It's great if you have a nice relationship with your inlaws but there are plenty of us out there who don't.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:18 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Not bashing you, just you need to see the big pic. If she mil is helping you do things fro free and she is being cranky and mouthy with you or your kid get over it, she prolly is old and needs to rest or just take 5 minutes to herself. She does not want to say no to you so she will do the task at hand even though she is grouchy because she is your mil. Get it? Hello? You asked for it you got a explanation and just remember it is on-line not face to face so don't let what is typed to you in response get you so offended. It is call constructive criticism.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i dont like my mil, i complain about her frequently on cafemom. i dont care who doesn't agree with me, it must be nice to have a perfect mil.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:31 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Excuse me last question! My MIL has never watched my child. I have never asked her to do anything for me for her to say no to. Thank you and again if you don't agree, move on, please :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:34 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My MIL is wonderful. I don't know her well since she lives out of state but I'm happy to be her DIL.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:35 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Oh, and thanks for calling her old. LOL :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:36 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I love when people say their MIL are wonderful when they live thousands of miles away :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:41 AM on Jan. 26, 2011