How does a couple start all over, after 2 years of love, yet many mistakes, blaming and fighting ?

He told his mom of our wedding just one day before we visited her for the first time. We had an exclusive relationship for abt 2 years. She was not friendly or affectionate with me.

On New Year's Eve, his best friend's wife flirted with him all night long, touched him with her hands and b@@bs, and he said nothing.
She's 60 years old, my guy is 52, and I'm 35: She could be my Mom !!!!
I felt lonely and neglected.

He acts like a kind little boy scout and flatters other women, often older and married, in a shy, caring way. I know he's got mother issues.

His mom is selfish, demanding and strict. She uses motherhood and religion to manipulate her children. Her gifts / ornaments to her son (my man) have stickers with her name " From mommy with love to my little boy". He's 52.

Her wedding & Xmas gift to me was a small Recipe Book - to make sure that I take care of her boy. By the way, 2 months before her gift, I got her jewellery and clothes.

* * *
I'm suffocating. I left my man weeks ago, as I felt lonely and unloved. He cried, his hair got grey, and called me every night to say he 's sorry I was hurt. He wanted us to start all over again.

Now I'm back, but any discussion about his friends and family is "Ouch", oh so sensitive, I'm not sure I can get over things. I feel angry.

PLEASE HELP. I love him dearly, he's a good guy but he's hurt me so much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Talk to him about everything you just wrote. You need to establish boundaries for relationships outside of your own (his mother, best friend's wife, etc.) before you can really focus on your relationship. If you are both committed to making the marriage work, you can do it - as long as you both agree that you are each other's first priority.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:24 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• The woman who rubbed herself is old enough to be your mom? HE IS OLD ENOUGH TO BE YOUR DAD!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• He's not going to change and mommy will always make your life miserable. He will always fit in with his friends and you won't. Sorry, not being mean but realistic. You have nothing in common with people his age. He only likes young people to try to feel young again. You'd be better off finding someone your own age. Does he have a son you could date? He might be your own age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jan. 26, 2011