Do you get sick more often since you have kids?

OMG, it's one cold after another for me, especially since they are in daycare. Never used to be sick before kids. And it's also ironic that now I don't even drink or smoke and I used to smoke a pack a day before kids and party every week-end all night long.

glenndoir

Asked by glenndoir at 10:33 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Health

• actually, my immune system has improved since i had kids. probably a coincidence, but yea, before i had them i was always sick! and i smoke about 1/2 pack a day.. lol

it probably just varies with each person.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:35 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• no not really i have a pretty good immune system cuz my kids get sick alot now that they r in school but i dont really get to many colds.. my problem is allgeries!!
    knm51504

Answer by knm51504 at 10:35 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• The only thing I get sick with are colds (knock on wood).
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:36 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• yes i have and i thought i was the only one!!!!
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Everyone in the house is passing it back and forth. Keep Hand Sanitizer on hand, wash hands frequently, don't touch your face (expecially mouth or eyes) until your hands are washed. Wash the kids hands and use the sanitizer often. Use Peroxide to clean your counters, toilet seat, anything they touch (better than bleach). Remember to keep your hands and surfaces CLEAN to stop the spread of germs.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 10:53 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I haven't got as many but we make our oldest keep hand sanitizer on her back pack and wash her hands once she is home from school really well. The school she is at also makes the kids bring a large bottle of hand sanitzer at the start of the school year. Our youngest did bring home alot from daycare center so we actually talked to them about what the states rules our when they should be sending kids home that are sick. Each state has different regulations but your local health department would be able to point you in the right direction. Unfortunately there are always going to be the parents that just drop the kids off that are blantly ill. You may want to asl them how often they sanitze the toys as well and what they they do to clean them. Especially since with teething things tend to go in the mouth.
    mkula

Answer by mkula at 11:12 AM on Jan. 26, 2011