My husband is done and I was hoping for one more.....

I was hoping to have one more baby. My husband is done not that we can't afford another one but he only wants three kids. I know I should be happy with what I have but I would really like to have another little one running around. He is getting a V done next week :(

I am feeling very upset about this cause when we got married we wanted a big family but now he has no interest in having more. I guess I am being selfish cause I want more chldren and he is done.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• well, i would really talk to him about it. This could cause you to resent him if thats what you really want and it could cause problems down the line. sit down and talk about why it is that you want another one and why he doesn't. Just be honest with each other and try to explain your feelings!
    KayleesMommy89

Answer by KayleesMommy89 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I can see your side and his. You might resent him later on for not wanting more, but if you push this and somehow get what you want, he could resent you. Raising children is not easy and raising more than he really wants to, that could put a tremendous strain on your marriage. My advice would be to explain your feelings but if he already has an appointment set up, he sounds pretty sure.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:56 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Did you agree to the vasectomy? When my husband went in for his,I had to sign the papers in front of the urologist.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:11 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• no but that is what he wants. I have to go to his appointment with him to sign
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:14 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I would talk to him and not sign the papers for it. Tell him you want more and that you are not happy with the choice to end any chances of another. Ask if you two can agree to a bc that is not permanent until you guys talk this through and both of you are happy with the outcome. It may be that after you all think on it that you decide that 3 really is enough maybe he decides that 4 would be a great number, but doing something permanent when you two are not in agreement is not a good idea.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 11:23 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Well, my ex husband and I agreed on 3 or 4 and after our first (and only) he said he would get a vasectomy. We argued this our entire marriage because I wanted another baby. I got every excuse in the book - except the truth probably - why we couldn't have another. Now we're divorced and it's probably for the best but I'm sad I don't have a sibling for my son (we both grew up in big families) and I'll never be able to have another child now.

Just talk to your hubby and tell him all your points and see if he can get on board.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:33 AM on Jan. 26, 2011