just woundering

so im 17weeks pregnant and my rib cage has been really sore the last couple days. i hvnt dont anything to hurt myself so is it from being pregnant? i cant imagine my uterus that high yet but two weeks ago i was measuring about a week big according to my dr. and he could already feel my uterus above my belly buttun.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yep, it's most likely the pregnancy. your body produces a chemical called relaxin...it's to help open the pelvis but it works on everything, not just the pelvis.

also, baby stretches, so even if your uterus isn't that high, baby can stretch and kick and get that high for a few moments to a few minutes.
    Anonymous

• also, your uterus isn't that high yet but its still pushing all your organs in different directions. just wait til you get bigger and their little butt is on one side of your ribs and their feet on the other
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 12:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Like the first 2 replies said, between the relaxin and all your organs being shoved around and squished, it's normal to have some soreness in your ribs. Just wait until you are few more months down the road and baby is kicking you in the ribs 20 times a day. That's fun. :-)
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 12:55 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• if ur uterus is measuring above ur belly button u must be further along than u think or measuring really big cuz usually its right at 20 weeks that its at the level of the belly button. and yeah all ur organs and intestines get pushed up and aside to make way for the growing baby it kinda sucks the diaphram and stomach get pushed up so much u wont be able to eat much at a time and u will be short of breath. it makes me really mad when ppl act like im short of breath cuz im fat im like hello do u know how big this baby is and how it need room in there? everything else gets pushed aside.
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• IT IS NOT YOUR UTERUS. MINE JUST MADE IT UP THERE AND I AM 31 WEEKS ALONG.
    PREGNANCY CAUSES WEIRD PAINS SO IT COULD BE THE PREGNANCY. ALSO MAKE SURE YOU ARE BREATHING WELL, IT MAY BE ASTHMA.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 2:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2008