and the morning sickness kicks in! :(

Any tips to help? I had it really bad with both my girls, but never knew of anything to help. Anyone have any advice?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• crackers
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I was told by a nurse to eat until I was full. Helped most of the time. Have crackers by the bed to nibble on when first waking up. I was awake about an hour when mine hit. Stayed with me until about noon.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 11:00 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Try not to let yourself go too long without eating. Even if you don't feel like eating, try to get something in your stomach. Believe me, the nausea is that much worse when you don't eat. For me, if I waited to eat until I was starved, it was too late and I almost always, without fail, would throw up.

You can also try sucking on ginger candy or even candied ginger. Ginger is a good anti-nausea herb. If you have some fresh ginger, you could always try slicing off a few pieces and pouring boiling water over it to make ginger tea. It does work!

This next thing will sound gross, but it also works. It's not your typical natural cure for nausea, but it really can help with the beginnings of nausea. Take a tablespoon each of apple cider vinegar and honey and mix it well. This mixture does a great job of preventing you from actually becoming sick.
    Branwen70

Answer by Branwen70 at 8:12 AM on Jan. 28, 2011