People are soo kind!

Many of you have read the tales of loosing our dog and that they did a story about it on Sunday....people are being so kind and the writter has been calling about once a day with things that he is being told ...one lady called just to express her simpathies ....the writter gave me her number so of course I called her back! Just got a call that there is a Golden Retriever breeder that just had puppies and is offering us a free puppy! These puppies are ready to go in about 6 weeks have shots and chipped the whole bit and they have reunions for the dog! A friend of a friend just had springer spaniel/black lab pups free to good home too although no shots or anything... I would LOVE to have another golden though...What to do??!?! I think DH would like a golden too but how do I tell me friend no...and NO we can NOT have 2 puppies!

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 10:50 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Pets

• If you are experienced in Goldens then just get another Golden. I love labs when they are all grown up, but lab pups are CRAZY! lol
    Just say "thank you so much, that's so kind of you, but we were already offered a new Golden and accepted already. "
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Explain to your friend that you think a golden retriever is a better fit for your family and you really appreciate her kind offer to you for one of her puppies. However, at this point your family has decided to go with a golden retriever. If she is a friend, she will appreciate the direct and honest answer the most. Then perhaps you can offer to take some flyers for her free puppies to hang in some vet or grooming businesses for her. And if she is a good friend, set up a date to go to lunch with her too, just let her know this is not based on anything personal, it is strictly a choice based on the breed of dog.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 10:58 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I would tell the friend of a friend that while you really appreciate the offer that you and your familydecided to adopt the Golden since the breed already seems to have special place in your heart.  I'm so sorry about the loss of your dog.  We adopted a Great Dane 3 years ago and she's the best dog ever.  I don't know what I would do if she was gone. 

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 10:59 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I know how you feel. I'm a dog lover, and call my two doggies "my girls" !

You must decide with your family the practical and financial implications of having one or 2 puppies.
    You love pets, so this means you should make sure you can take care of it / them.
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• That is so nice of everyone~~Have to say if I had the chance I'd get another Golden(but I have to admit I am a little partial to them)! Let us know what you decide!!
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 2:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2011