What do you recommend for non-hormonal BC?

I can't take hormones due to a blood clot. I had the copper IUD before Tess, but my OB didn't recommend it now that he found some fibroids.

DH and I don't care much for condoms, so I'm looking for advice on other methods.

anng.atlanta

Asked by anng.atlanta at 5:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Health

• Mom always warned me before dating to keep a nickle between my knees...heheheh
    Anonymous

• With my endometriosis, I cannot handle hormones. Unfortunately, we are stuck with condoms, which I hate. You lose a lot of spontaneity. My doctor says that at this point that is really all I can handle.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Non hormone and no condoms? Guess that leave you with abstinence, sorry.  maybe an IUD or IUD
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• One word...vasectomy, lol! That's what we use and it's nice not needing to worry about taking meds all the time.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2008