This isn't a question, watch this (not for little eyes) adult content

http://www.vimeo.com/18886707

This is where your pet store puppy comes from. They live this, day in and day out. Bred over and over again and then left to die. Wounds left to heal on their own, c sections done at the facility,,,with no vet care at all (meaning the "breeder" does the c sections)

Watch, and then, tell yourself you will still buy puppies from a pet store.

Acid

Asked by Acid at 11:10 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Pets

• I'll watch it.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:11 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I made that mistake once of buying from a pet store when my husband and myself were fairly young. We learned the hard way. Our beloved dog died at a year and a half old, that's when we got our introduction into puppy mills and all of the nasty stuff that goes along with that.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 11:12 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i got my cat from a pet store, the animals they have there are from the local shelter, so i actually adopted my cat from the shelter...i do agree that some pet shops do that though, it is sickening, people need to research before they get a pet
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:12 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• ugh i couldnt watch the whole thing..but this is just one person doing bad..if u get to know your local breeders and buy from a respectful breeder its a different story.
    we dont ahve any animals at the moment but i got all mine from an animal rescue shelter
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 11:20 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I couldn't finish watching it... how horrible! I don't understand how anyone could be so cruel!!!!!! I hope they put her in a kennel in her own feces and no food and water and cut her open without pain meds!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:28 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• No GOOD, RESPONSIBLE breeder would EVER sell their puppies to a pet store. They want to know where their puppies go and will make the puppy buying sign a contract to return the puppy/dog to them at ANY time during the lifetime of the puppy/dog. There is a HUGE difference between animal rescue centers doing adoption events at a pet store and breeders selling them to/through a pet store! People need to open their freaking eyes and do some research and NOT support these scumbags!
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 2:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I got my dog from a pet store but they were not selling them , they had rescues in that day and she fell in love with my girls as did they her. She just turned 4 years old.:) But i do understand about puppy mills but i wonder what happens to the animals when noone wants to buy them from the store i would be afraid for them but i totally understand where you are coming from.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 5:44 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• The 2 we have now were both former strays. My area is CRAWLING with puppy mills and nasty pet stores, but as soon as they shut one down another opens up in its place. In my adult life, I have NEVER bought a pup from anywhere other than a resucue shelter. When we have extra money, we try to donate to the no kill shelter down the street too. Now I'm bummed out.
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 5:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i thought puppy mills were banned in America?
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 5:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I'm not going to watch it but I'll take everyone else's word for it and I won't buy an animal from a pet store.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2011