Do you ever want to slap an ex and tell them to grow up and get a clue

I went to court yesterday where they suspended my son's dads parental rights. I am sad for my son but I'm also angry. He knew what he should be doing and did not do it! Now I have an upset little boy who can't understand why daddy is sick and why he can't see him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• i m so sorry,,,, it happened to me too,,, hang in there, it does get better!
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 11:12 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Not slap but I would love to kill my ex. I don't have nay kids with him but he's a woman beater.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:12 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Just try not to badmouth your ex to the child. It will make you the bad guy, Trust me. Be as kind as you can with your answers to him. Tell him Daddy wants to see him and he will when he gets better, or that Daddy is having a problem right now and when it gets straightened out, things will be different. Don't let him overhear you telling anyone else your problems with his dad. They have nothing to do with him, but he will remember that you said bad things about his dad. Please trust me on this.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 11:17 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Thanks Kim, I know I am quick to tell others not to say anything negative in front of my son. He loves his dad and I don't want that to change, he is not a bad guy he just made bad choices and now has to pay. Its just hard to watch your child upset.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• All the time. My ex says he loves his sons and wants to do this or that, but he just never follows through. I got so tired of seeing them let down and hurt that I stopped telling them about anything Dad promises.

Sadly, they know how he is. I can barely get them on the phone when he calls, because they tell me it's not like he cares what's going on in their lives anyway. I've tried telling him it's not about money, it's about showing them he cares. Call more than 2x a year, email them once in awhile, write yourself NOTES if you have to about who their friends are, teachers, etc. so when they talk, you know what they're talking about. Just SHOW them some attention.

But alas.... he claims he doesn't want to upset his 2nd wife, so he only calls when she isn't home.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2011