Am I over reacting?

So last night my SO came home late last night, by then I was already tucked into bed with our 2 yr. old son. He didn't know that I was awake, and went to turn the T.V. on to watch a show that we had recorded to watch together. I can clearly hear whats going on, and decided to turn around to join him when all of sudden I hear him make the gesture towards one of the female actors I think his words were "Damn" just as i was about to turn around I hear him rewind that specific part over just so that he can take a second look, and admire her again.. I turned around, and asked him was he serious, he became all tongue tied.. I immediately developed an attitude, because this is the very same man that barely shows me that much admiration. It's a way that a man can look at you, and you can clearly see how much he wants and desires you.. I never see him look at me that way.... I know that I am attractive with or without his compliments. He does tell me that I look "good or nice" when he has some alcohol in his system, or when I get dressed up hair, nails, stilettos, make up ect... Its crazy because I can receive more compliments from strangers let alone from him. I know that he still finds me attractive, but I just don't understand why he barely shows it? Im not a jealous female at all, but last night I really did feel some way.. what do you think?

Tasha555

Asked by Tasha555 at 11:12 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• i hear ya and i feel ya too! MEN!, they some times need a good KICK IN THE ASS!
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 11:13 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• You're feeling taken for granted and that's clearly why that situation stung a little bit. I feel for you, it's tough to feel invisible to your husband. All you can do is treat him the way you want to be treated, and hope that your behavior has an affect on him. Make him feel like he's the sexiest man on the planet, and after awhile, see if he returns it. If not, then it's maybe time for a chat. Good luck.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Lol. you're right about that..lol
    Tasha555

Comment by Tasha555 (original poster) at 11:15 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I think being upset over someone he can never have is a little over reacting, it's an actress. Don't you see a hot actor and go Damn in you head? If you want him to look at you that way and pay more compliments you need to talk to him. Men are air heads in this area.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• slightly.

men do not know that women sometimes need reassurance and confidence boosters. if he has told you once before, he probably thinks that's good enough. just as we don't understand how they work, they don't understand how we work. if you were to stand in front of the tv completely nude when he was admiring the hot girl, im sure his eyes would have averted quickly to you! men are also not mindreaders, so you're going to have to tell him if you want to get any results :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:17 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I totally understand how you feel. I am an attractive woman but a stay at home mom, so I don't dress up or go out often and sometimes when we're watching tv or movies i feel weird because all these women are prancing around half naked and I'm sitting there in my baggy sweats. It's good you have the confidence and I don't think you're overreacting, I just think men are clueless sometimes and you should talk to him and let him know how it made you feel. Appreciation is not one of men's best quality. They figure they married you, you should know they love you.. Boneheads, but just talk it out, I'm sure it'll work out..
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 11:22 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I didn't like the way that made me feel.. I went to the restroom right after, and sat there for a good 15 minutes just thinking about it... I do make him feel sexy.. I didn't say anything else to him after wards about how it made me feel. He will just think that It was just pure innocence. I don't know... We are a parents to a 2 year old, we have absolutely no romance in our lives whatsoever. We do go for dinner, drinks. but romance does not exist..
    Tasha555

Comment by Tasha555 (original poster) at 11:25 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Thanks... The whole area of complaint was not the "actress" the "actress" could have been any random attractive women. so i did not think about that at all. It was based on the way he admired her.
    Tasha555

Comment by Tasha555 (original poster) at 11:29 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Yea, you did overreact a little bit.
    You need to talk to him about what you just explained to us. He isn't going to want to change or to change at all if he doesn't know how you feel.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:50 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• men are idiots. enough said
    tanper29

Answer by tanper29 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 26, 2011