bleeding after childbirth

I gave birth 8 days ago and hardly have any bleeding at all. I could switch to a pantiliner its so light. I've read you usually bleed for 6 weeks. Is it normal to have this lochia this light 8 days after having my baby?

cmcook89

Asked by cmcook89 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sometimes it will slow down or go away for a day or so then come back again and it is still considered lochia.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:18 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Some women have none at all!
    ;-)
    They intentionally worked to be uber-healthy...
    ?
    Maybe you're good---

Are resting a LOT?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:19 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Sure. Don't worry about it. Stress can actually make it stop, which you don't want. Liners are fine, just carry a heavy-duty with you just in case. I think I only spotted for the 5 or 6 weeks after my last one.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 11:20 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i only bled for a week pp. in fact when i was in the hospital my bleeding let up so much that i asked the nurse for small pads
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Every women is different. You can bleed anywhere from 1-6 weeks depending on how hard the labor was and your body's natural healing process. Some women bleed very little and others bleed a lot.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:48 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I had a csection and only bleed for a 1 1/2 wks.. maybe they sucked it all out?? every woman is different I have friends that bled for 2 months!
    SARAHBIGGS1987

Answer by SARAHBIGGS1987 at 6:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2011