Whys is my 4 yr old son throwing up one night in his bed and then 2 nights later throwing up again?

The first night I thought was a little odd because he had been fine all day other then a cold hes had but no fever or anything else. Then the next night he was fine and then last night he threw up again in his bed?! I dont get it, if he was sick with a stomach virus it wouldnt go away and come back the very next day. He has diahrea this am but thats the only other thing I can notice, he says his somach is not hurting. Any ideas?

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 11:22 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Does sounds like a stomach bug, those viruses can me tricky. Try limiting solids and keep him on liquids.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:27 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Your son could be like mine. My ds will be fine, and then he just has to throw up because he feels the need.  He will say that his belly hurts, and then he throws up and he is perfectly fine. 

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• This is very normal. Watch what he is eating and drinking for a few days. Keep his food bland and do offer liquids in small amounts many times during the day.
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 5:41 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Probably a virus of some sort, but if it continues than I would take him to the doctor. That is why they are there and better to error on the side of caution and rule out anything serious. Does he say he feels sick or is he just throwing up? Could he have anxiety about something that is causing him to have diahrea and throw up.
    jwickum

Answer by jwickum at 3:52 PM on Jan. 27, 2011