Good Housekeeping Advice Needed

I was raised by a hoarder which I have been trying to over come my whole life. (And when I say hoarder I mean the kind of household you see on TV such as Clean House or Enough Already) I don't hold on to nearly what my mother has however I have a difficult time keeping my house clean. I was never taught good cleaning habits. I am defiantly an amateur when it comes to the subject. I am a SAHM so I have the time just not the tools. If you have some sort of daily schedule, process, tricks you use please let me know where to start and how to keep it up. I want to be taught. Thanks in advance for your help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Home & Garden

• That's wonderful that you're reaching out and asking for help to make your home a better place. A lot of people would be too ashamed to even ask for advice, let alone admit why they don't have the tools to do what they'd like .That takes courage!

With that said here is what I do.
    When the kids go down for a nap is when I tackle the dishes. I do one load and while they're drying I do a load of laundry. When the kids wake up I put the clothes away, so that they're not knocking them off the table when they're bored. (They have done that before) I try to vacuum at least once or twice a week depending on how often it needs to be done. As far as orginization I wait until DH gets home or the weekends when he can watch the kids. Then I orginize books, magazines, and anything else that has cluttered tables or other surface areas. On the weekends is when I do a major clean of the house, so DH can help.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:39 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• http://flylady.com/

Look around this great website.  There are daily schedules, tips, ideas, etc.  

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:27 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I try to do a clean up every night before I go to bed. When a certain area starts looking too stuffy I clear it out. I try not to let my mind think "What if I need this later" or about the sentimental value, if it doesn't immediately make my heart flutter and I have to take a moment to 'remeber' it's gone. I am constantly go through stuff, clearing out, and reorganizing. It's a never ending job.

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 11:28 AM on Jan. 26, 2011