Psoriosis

Does anyone else have it? I have it on my elbows bad. It's always dry and flakey. Everything i've tried doesn't work.. Any suggestions?

sbushman13011

Asked by sbushman13011 at 11:28 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I dont hvae it but my brother does. He has it worse tho. Its all over his body. I am constantly trying to find something new and better for him to try. Still havent yet. But I have found alot of stuff by doing alot of researching for him. If you would like me to send you a message with everything have found I can. Maybe some of it can be helpful for you.
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 11:34 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• You can if you'd like.
    sbushman13011

Comment by sbushman13011 (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Change your soap. A natural vitamin-E and glycerine mix is best. Massage vitamin-E oil into affected areas before retiring.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 11:41 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• have you been to a dermatologist? they can use an xtrac laser that gradually reduces the psoriasis and insurance does cover it, it is also painless :) GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i have had it since i was 13 - the first thing a derma will give you is vasoline! then some steriod creams. also tanning fixes it. it is brought on by stress so reducing that will help too. lazers are only used for really bad cases. not just elbows but when i covers you body.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:44 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I don't have it but my mother and sister have it pretty bad. Getting some sun helped my mom but that comes with it;s own bag worms. My sister is really fair skinned and burns easy. She uses the creams and tries to remain as hydrated as possible. Seems to help. I know there is a pill out now that is supposed to help.
    mkula

Answer by mkula at 12:58 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• petroleum jelly works. I got it really bad one time on my stomache and the doctor told me it was from stress
    xLeeAnnex

Answer by xLeeAnnex at 3:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• well...i used to work for a dermatologist and i treated several patients with the laser and they only had it on their hands and arms, or feet and legs, or even on their scalp....not covering the whole body
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My husband has for many years. I am a RN I really would suggest you see a Dermatolgist all treatments work different on everyone you may have reactions
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2011