Does anyone go to a gym?

I have 3 kids. Two are in school and A baby that is almost 9 months so I could always put him in the daycare they provide there. But my question is...Is their any ofther mommies that go to one as well. And how is it working out with going and having children. Is it harder or would you just prefer to do your workouts at home. Me and my huband started dieting at the end of Novemeber and bought a stationary bike ain the middle of December. W are getting good results. So i figured why not join a gym and see if we can get even better results. We do more than just the bike. I have a ab thing you do on the ground and he lifts weights as well. and also use my dumbells. But I would really like to do more. Any suggestions

jbond83

Asked by jbond83 at 11:30 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I go to Golds Gym (20/month) Daycare is cheap, and i love it! they get to get out of the house, and interact with other kids and do fun activities while I get to work out. The days I don't go, i work out at home. I highly suggest Gold's Gym. They have a ''movie theatre'' but instead of seats, it's tread mills, so watch a movie while u workout. the classes are included in membership also.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 11:33 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i go to planet fitness with my husband every other day. he comes home from work at 6, daughter is watched by my sister for a couple hours while we go work out. if my sister is sick i'll go right when he comes home and then he'll go when i get back
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:35 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I do go to the gym on post. They have an awesome family room where there is a stair stepper, 2 treadmills and 2 elipticals with som free weights and its facing a little room for the kids, so you watch your own kid through this plexi glass window where theres tables and a tv
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:39 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I haven't gone to a gym, right now i'm working out all at home with Walk Away The Pounds videos, my Air Climber (www.theairclimber.com) and the Wii Fit Plus!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:06 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I am starting back to the Gym next week, I go while my kids are away at the sitter or at school (kids are 3 and 5) I get off work around 1:30-2:00 and school doesn't let out until 3:00 and I always have the extended care option if I think my workout will run long. My sitter doesn't expect me until 4 - 4:30 so I have a nice window to work out..
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i hae 3 kids... 3, 2 an 3 weeks... i work at the local YMCA... i do enjoy going with the girls to the gym... usually me and their dad take turns... i work out for 1 hour, he plays with the ladies... then we switch. some days they do go to the daycare there if it's just me. i just make sure that they don't have to go every single time... it does get expensive... but if you can arrange your work outs to either include the kids it's a lot easier, and a great way to spend some "family" time.
    asil

Answer by asil at 8:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I went when I had my 2nd kid, for about 6 months. I wouldn't put him in the gym daycare. I left him with sis and daddy.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i want to join Planet fitness but the lack of childcare can't afford it.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 2:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I wish I could
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 5:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• okay, I have to check out this airclimber, I have seen it several times on here and I am curious. Oh! And no I don't go to a gym...I work out at home.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 5:09 PM on Jan. 26, 2011