How do you style your 5 year old daughters hair?

I have a soon to be five year old daughter and she is beyond girly.....if possible. She obsesses over her hair! She watches me blow dry my hair and is always asking me to blow dry hers....would you? She has beautiful curly hair but says she wants straight her. here is a pic..

lmthen

Asked by lmthen at 11:31 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• She is stunning! There is nothing wrong with doing stuff to her hair at all! Just not everything! How about going to a salon and getting her some curl defining cream just for her? Also, my daughter has curly hair, so we shampoo with Biolage hydratherape because it's heavy moisture, I don't need a conditioner, and it lasts for ever. You could get her some cute clippies and barrets and some pony tail holders too! Mine is a girly girl too! I took her to my salon and did her hair for her birthday. She really lapped it up! LOL

Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:48 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• What a gorgeous girl!! i would kill for those curls, my hair (and my DD's) is so straight it won't even hold a curl when set wet with rollers.

I would try to straighten her hair if she wanted to try it, but I'm going to guess that would take forever. I bet her hair would be terrific for cute up-do's, maybe with small braids in front?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:34 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• mine dd loves me fixing her hair. but she does not like any heat near her head. so we air dry her hair and dont curl or anything unless she asks me to. but she likes to have the bumps and poofs..lol...so i make little ones in her hair. she likes it diff ways each days. sometimes we use ribbons sometimes in braids...sometimes seh just wants a brush ran through it and wears one of her fav head bands. today we did a small poof with her bangs and then wore a pony tail with a ribbon that matched her shirt. ...she is 6 btw.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 11:34 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Please, do not start blowing or using chemicals/heat on her hair! Believe me, my mom did to me and my hair was fried and dried by the time I was in junior high! Her curls are absolutely gorgeous! Just keep it conditioned with a good leave in conditioner and she's ready to go!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:35 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i wouldnt start blow drying and streighting yet.... maybe pigtails a pony tail. braids, pretty barrets
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 11:38 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• She for what ever reason does not like Pony tails (I think she gets it from me). My hair is never up...my hair is even curlier than hers but its almost always straight and I think that is why she wants it straight too. I don't put chemicals in her hair.
    lmthen

Comment by lmthen (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Jan. 26, 2011