how many of you Medical didn't approved you?

well i'm 13 weeks 5 days the day before yesterday the representative call me says that medical didn't approved me so i went there and they referred me to a program that is call AIM and that they will help me with the pregnancy and the thing is that in that day also had my Dr. Appt and the representative told me to cancelled that appt. because the hospital already knows about my case and if i go they will charged me, so i have to wait 2 1/2 week for an answer from AIM and i'm worried because i don't know how my pregnancy is and i feel like i need to see an OB just to have peace in my mind.

Milindus

Asked by Milindus at 12:18 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• so you havnt been to the dr at all? Well i say call your ob and ask them what the cost of a apt is? maybe you can work something out with them. Most places will cover you if you had a apt befor hand. my insurence did.
    Anonymous

• I feel terrible for you. I wish I had an answer...I am wondering abotu this myself as I am contemplating keeping my baby but I know when he/she arrives I won't have medical insurance because my insurance is through my school and I'll be outta there by then...Are there any free clinics in your area? I know that doesn't sound like a good route to go but I used to go to one for all my ob/gyn visits (though, not prenatal) and they were great to me there and I saw many pregnant women.. I hope you find something to help you. You deserve it.
    LittleMonster22

Answer by LittleMonster22 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Prenatal care can get expensive. I am going to a midwife, and delivering at home, and the bill is still around $4,000 (charged to insurance). Hospital visits will be expensive. "Shop around" for an OBGYN. Find out what they charge. See if you qualify for AIM (not sure what it is, but I qualified for Medicaid for my 1st). Look for free clinics in the mean time.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• YA THEY DIDNT APPROVE ME. WELL ACTUALLY THEY DID THEN I GOT A RAISE AND THE TOOK IT BACK.....
    IT SUCKS. I HAVE TONS OF MEDICAL BILLS AND I DO NOT QUALIFY FOR ANY MEDICAL HELP OR WIC.
    CANT WAIT TO SEE THE DELIVERY CHARGE!!!!!! /-=
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 2:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• OH PLANNED PARENTHOOD WILL NOT PROVIDE PRENATAL CARE FOR YOU UNLESS YOU HAVE MEDICAL OR EMERGENCY MEDICAL.
    I TRIED THEY WON'T. THEYLL DO PAPS AS LONG AS YOU ARE NOT PREGNANT, SO YOU ACTUALLY CAN LIE AND GET TREATED WITHOUT THEM KNOWING YOU'RE PREGNANT BUT YOUD HAVE TO WATCH MEDS TO MAKE SURE YOU CAN TAKE THEM DURING PREGNANCY.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 2:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I am going through the same thing. I am 14 almost 15 weeks preggo and havent been to the doctors because of insureance reasons. i am appoved for med insureance but need to come up with he 25 bucks to get a pregnancy test at the docs office before my insureance will kick in. right now i am so broke i cant afford the 25 bucks. so i am holding off on going. I hate not going but things happen and will be going soon.
    Mammaof2

Answer by Mammaof2 at 11:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2008