what would you have done? husband had three days off and did not fix flat tire and had to find way to get sick kid from school.

What would you have done? what should I do later when he gets home. My middle girl was sick on monday and fine but sick again and had to find a ride to pick her up. I was hoping he would learn his lesson if had to miss work but called his bosses wife and she drove me to school to get her. I do not even know why still jacked up and did not put the spare one on. I just want to scream at him. He had three days to fix to and did not even start on till last night. Just to vent but give me idea how to handle when he comes home. Will he ever learn that is why I need a vechile and even somes leaves me with no gas, money or bank card. thanks all cafemom friends for listening and letting me vent even if no one answers me back.

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 11:37 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• I would have a serious talk, and tell him how you feel about all of this. My Hubby wouldn't hesitate to tell your Hubby he's being a lazyass... Sorry, it's just a sore subject with him when it comes to lazy Husbands. Family comes first, and if that means changing a tire at midnight because of having a busy day, then that's what you do..
    I would have changed it by now, all it would have took was the first day and him not do it and I would have been out there doing it. If you don't know how, look it up online, there's a ton of sites out there to teach you. Be self sufficient, then you won't have to rely on him.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:43 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• if it was me I would have asked him a couple of times to fix it and if he didn't do it I would have gone out and done it myself. Thats what I do when my hubby gets lazy or if I can't do it I find a friend or someone that can, and as for when he gets home sit him down and ask him if there is a reason why the tire isn't fixed. Next time he wants you to go get something for him and the car doesn't work or it has no gas say well I would but there' s no gas, or whatever the problem is and then tell him if he wants it he either goes and gets it himself or fixes the problem.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I would have put a can of fix a flat in the tire....my dh hates that stuff and would be irritated if that junk was in my tire..so it would have shown him to not be so lazy...on the other hand my husband would not have left me without a decent car
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 12:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I would be very pissed and I couldn't say i would handle it correctly. I don't know how to fix a flat tire and if he didn't want me to pay someone to do it, then he should do it for me.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• have you asked him WHY he didn't fix it? there has to be some reason (even if it is just plain laziness). in any case, sounds like you need to explain to him the hardships that you feel.
    ThankfullyProud

Answer by ThankfullyProud at 3:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Me personally. I can and will only speak for myself.

I would have fixed it myself.. I know how to change a flat tire.I know how to use fix a flat if need be.. I know how to call AAA, I know how to call a tow truck if need be and get the car to a mechanic.. There would be no reason for me to wait around for my husband to do it, and then be upset if he didn't do it. If I'm more than capable of doing something myself, why would I get mad at my husband if I chose not to fix it myself and wait around in hopes that he would do it for me.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:58 PM on Jan. 26, 2011