PLEASE READ!

i have had a headache for almost a week now and can not get it to go away. i would like to know if any of u ladies have ever had migrains? and if so would u like to share some info about them? when i normally get a headache they tend to b painful but they always go away after advil or just a few hours, but this headache has been nonstop for 6 days now! i have taken extra strenth tylenol and even a hydrocodone (sry for spelling) and nothing will help it. any advice?

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Health

• i have been the same way and i willbe see a neurlogist to see whats going on. maybe ask dr to send you to one
    bellarose1230

Answer by bellarose1230 at 11:42 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• have had migraines that last three days
    had rx called treximent (sp?) worked great
    i took red dye # 40 out of my diet, i no longer have migraines
    lookon food labels..LAKEdyes can cause headaches= red 40 NOT just in RED foods, in LOTS of things

if you have never had one last this long, maybe call doctor, could be something else causing headache
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:42 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Excedrin migrane. And try to figure out what is causing it. Do you smoke? Allergies, food or otherwise? Neck problems? Sress? Is there a possible gas leak near you?
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 11:46 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I have suffered from headaches for over a year now & they are on a daily basis.I never used to get headaches & when this started i knew i needed to get it checked out immediately. I will be seeing a neurologist soon when our health insurance kicks in. Wish i was more help.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 11:47 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I get migraines frequently. Some are from caffeine and that could be having one cup one day and not another. I also get them from hormones shifting. I get them just before and just after my period. I usually use Excedrin Migraine and it helps (the generic form works just as well). Good luck and I hope you fell better. Try putting an ice pack on your head and sitting in the dark for about 20 min. You would be surprised at how much that may help.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I had a headache for seemed like a month and nothing would help finally it got so bad I went to the doctor becuz it got to the point I coudnt look at any light, I could hardly walk straight....well they found out it was non-viral meningitis and they kept me for 3 days....But for a long time I just thought it was because I was pregnant....I never would have guessed that was what was wrong. If it gets worse maybe you should tell the doctor.
    nat375

Answer by nat375 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Possibly an orbital scan could check it out?
    avilio54

Answer by avilio54 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2011