Which home based candle business is the best?

I am thinking about getting back into the scented candle business but would like to examine my options first. Which one would you recommended and why?

kimmeyj7

Asked by kimmeyj7 at 11:42 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• Home Interiors
    Seeker1

Answer by Seeker1 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Mia Bella's Check out my website or message me and I'll tell you more! http://www.howreb.scent-team.com/

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 11:52 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I would suggest you contact the companies or visit their websites and look to see if there are reps in your area. The less reps with a specific company in your area the more you'll make. You'll also want to compare commission, start up costs, required purchases and other specifics and weigh them against each other.

Good Luck!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:55 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Mia Bella

www.sensationalscent.scent-team.com

If you have questions, just let me know. I have a special going on this month if you join my team!

MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 12:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Check the website or get incontact with a consultant
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Hand made

Answer by rkoloms at 1:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• You already know my answer, lol, but I have to tell you that me being the Candle Lover that I am, I honestly believe Gold Canyon is the BEST! And no its not because I sell it, its because they are the most fragrant, burns the best, less expensive, etc... I can go on forever! The other thing that I love about this is that you can earn your kit for free, plus get $25 in free product of your choice. Msg if you want to talk more.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 2:09 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Have you thought about going into business for yourself, making your own candles??? I personally love Scentsy but I wouldn't reference them as candles..... The unfortunate thing with direct sales company is when you are first starting up sometimes they aren't honest about how much it will cost you to do what you do. I was told "you don't have to keep inventory" Of course I didn't have to, but if I wanted to sell product to make money I needed something to show my clients.... How much are catalogs, how much will it cost you for shipping, what about paper work in general, are you expected to mail out the invites to parties or is your hostess, how much is your start up kit, how much commission do you make, Who is your competition in your area...there are many many questions you need to ask, and don't just settle for something, find one that you LIKE/LOVE the product, so you can sell it honestly. Good luck in your search.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• good point Kitchenwitch.....however even if she went into business making her own candles there is lots she would have invest in including supplies, advertising shipping, etc...She would also have paperwork with her own business as well.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 2:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Mia Bella- best scented candles I have ever used. I have also not seen a better comp plan with any other candle company that I have researched.
    Let me know if I can answer any of your questions.
    Kari
    www.HomeAtMiaBella.com
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2011