Things your kids learned from you: My two year old offers me suggestions.

Well not really. It's just her way of asking for things now. In my effort to say "no" less often and redirect her to other things... she now makes ME suggestions. It's cute. I love it. If I say, "Here, drink some water..." She'll probably say something like, "Mm.. how 'bout........ chockit muk (chocolate milk)" (She still can't say her words very well.. =)). I gotta say kids definitely pick up on the things you do. Her Daddy tells her "no" all the time. So now the first thing she says when he calls her is, "No daddy. What it it?". My daughter also attempts to clean like i do. lifting up carpet to sweep out whats underneath. wiping spills. dusting... etc.

Idk. Out of boredom.

What things have your kids picked up from you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• To not sweat the small stuff. To have fun, make a mess and worry about cleaning it up later.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My daughter is a little mommy to the smaller kids. It's so cute. Yesterday we got a potty chair for our youngest. She was so excited for her that she immediatly took my little one to the bathroom, pulled down her pants for her and sat her on the new potty chair! She peed in the potty right away, and my daughter was SO proud of her sister.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:55 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• My DD has learned how to clean. When she makes a mess she goes and gets a towel form under the kitchen sink to clean up her mess. If there isn't a towel she will come get me to get her one from the clean laundry. She has also insisted that I fold the laundry when it comes out of the dryer. I put a basket of towels on the bed and she climbed up and knocked them down and brought them to me one at a time so that I could fold them and then neatly stacked them along the edge of my bed. It was really cute.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:56 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Well I have to say my oldest started terrible 2's at 16 months and I prayed 3 would be better. It has been to an extent as the fits have ended now we are just SASSY. She has quite the mouth and is stubborn. It's embarrassing at the store when she turns to me and goes "I'll tell you what missy!" You would think I never punish this child. The other day as I was listening to her and her sister play (my youngest is 18 months) she turns to her and goes "You better stop with the little attitude or I will spank your tush, do you hear me?" So needless to say I have learned that kids pick EVERYTHING up. Even punishment or when I get mad...it all come out of her little mouth in some form or another. Choose your words wisely :)
    sweetiepie8540

Answer by sweetiepie8540 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 26, 2011