Why do men fall for selfish women?

It doesn't make sense to me. They fall for these women who are self centered and only think about themselves. 90% of the time there's a good woman right in front of their eyes who would move the world for them, but they get hung up on women who are decietful and couldn't care less about them. Then the good woman in front of them is like wtf?

Any insite?

KlieneMutter

Asked by KlieneMutter at 12:20 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• The only insight I have is that there are a lot of men who feel the same way about women. That they always want the bad boy and will walk away from a nice guy. I don't think it is a gender based thing. I just think that for some reason - there are a lot of people who are attracted to partners who are bad for them - like a moth to the flame!
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:22 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Good point. Is it wrong for the good women to want to slap some sense into these men? They sit there and say "I want a good woman who will appriecate me and be there for me as much as I am for her" and then fall in love with a woman who is only concerned with herself. Drives me nuts.
    KlieneMutter

Answer by KlieneMutter at 12:28 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• My Mom use to tell me " The worse you treat a man, the better they will treat you" Looks like there is some truth to it!
    Anonymous

• Men always want that which they cannot have. A woman who has little regard for him is a challenge. More often than not, once they "tame" the bad girl, they are off looking for another adventure. Falling in love, however is another story.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 1:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• It's fun for them, she makes them feel like she is in such control.... however, she really is just the CONTROLLING one in the relationship! But what really makes a women be that way? She probably is very insecure herself.....That could be a deep rooted thing from her past, like a child, she acts this way, and to her it seems to work, so she doesn't change!
    So Sad.....
    getyoung

Answer by getyoung at 5:49 PM on Nov. 14, 2008