anyone experience spaciness at 39 weeks?

Im having my baby on friday via c sec. I just the last couple days feel so darn spacey and "not with it" doesn't matter how much or how litttle sleep I get either. Is this strange?? Anyone experience this?? I have such a hard time focusing and concentrating. Thanks ladies.

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 11:50 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was that way from week 1 until I delivered...all three times! I made decisions on things in the house that later I wondered what I was thinking! It's a symptom of pregnancy! lol
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 3:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I was spacey my entire pregnancy! If it wasn't written down, it didn't get done or bought.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:51 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Blood pressure is fine. 122/78.
    randibosin

Comment by randibosin (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Something about pregnancy affects the brain, especially memory and concentration functions. It's commonly called "mommy brain", and it's one of those changes that doesn't get better immediately post-partum. It also seems to get worse with every kid. No one is sure what exactly causes it, though I've heard theories that your body is subconsciously so focused on taking care of the baby that it tends to neglect other areas. Either way, it's not at all uncommon.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Yes, today.
    randibosin

Comment by randibosin (original poster) at 1:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2011