How can I find my happy-go-lucky self?, seems I've lost it and I miss it...so does my hunny.

I used to always smile, be happy , laugh, make my hunny feel better no matter what is going on. Latley, seems like the life has been sucked out of me. I feel like I can't find that happy person I was, and I'm not sure how I've lost it. Sure, we have issues and kids and life like everyone else but...I am just lost.

sspdecker

Asked by sspdecker at 11:55 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Health

• Is there something specific that has you down? Or, is it more like a bunch of little things combined? If it's little things, try working on one thing a day/at a time that you can change. If you can't change it, try to figure out how you can live with it. There's a saying "How do you eat an elephant? One teaspoon at a time." If you look at your issues that way, they don't seem so overwhelming.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:58 AM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Sometimes a mom/wife needs a time out.. One hour or whatever that you can feel completely free to be yourself. Get someone to help you out with your child and take a long drive or go get your nails done. Might sound trivial but trust me taking time for yourself to be yourself makes you better at your other jobs. Also writing helps me. I have a journal that I go to everyday and just lay it out all out and then I read it over and with that it helps me let go.. Responsibilty can suck the life out of any one, but you have to make that little corner of your life about you, only for you, and the rest of it will fit in..
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 12:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• It's that time or year. Open curtains, get sunshine, try to meditate on good things. Get out of the house, go to the park, walk around the park. Ask your honey for a massage. Pamper yourself a little. Bath with good smelling oils, pedicure, do your hair different. Make some changes. Have someone watch the kids and go on a date with your honey. Go to a movie (funny if you can), grab a bite to eat, have a glass of wine, relax. I get that way when stressed over bills or someone close to me is very ill. Get out of the same old rut. Do things you haven't done for years, or would like to do and just haven't. What have you wanted to do and just not said anything to anyone? I always put myself on the back burner because of husband and childrens needs. Stop it. Do something for yourself.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 12:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Volunteer someplace where you feel appreciated! Start a gratitude journal and everynight right down 5 things you were grateful about that day.
    givitup

Answer by givitup at 6:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2011