Filing Taxes Online

Where do you file your taxes online?
I used Turbotax last year and ended up having problems with them... trying to decide if I should try them again or if there is a better place.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• I think H&R block is the best.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 12:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I have used turbo tax and H& R block. I have found tha t H&R block is much more thorough. They are also free as well and I did mine over the weekend and they said about 10 days for my refund.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:02 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• For a simple return (just W-2s, not many deductions, very straightforward), TaxAct is probably the best cost-wise. It's free to file the federal return regardless of software used if you make under a certain amount of money, and state filing is just $14.95 (as opposed to $30-40 with other companies). It really depends, though, on how complicated your return is. If it's going to be very involved, you might want to go with a software that at least has the option of help from real people in case you need it.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• LOL, I guess someone doesn't like Tax Act. Oh, well.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I use taxact.
    I also review all returns by hand, and cross verify with at least one other program. There are often small things like PA unemployment insurance that some programs catch when you enter in your W2, and others that don't and you have to enter them in another area.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I have been using taxact for over ten years, both the professional and online versions.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• We''ve used H&R in the past. I think this year we'll use TurboTax though.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 6:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Lol, sorry JeremysMom. That was me! I was talking on the phone and accidentally clicked it, and it won't let me undo it! I think I might try them though.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Jan. 27, 2011

• I have used TaxAct for the past 3 years and have had no problems.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2011