Have you ever had the flu while pregnant?

What happened?

Namaste17

Asked by Namaste17 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• personally, no. but as long as you take care of yourself the same way you would having the flu and not pregnant, you should be fine. try to keep the fever under control and drink lots of fluid. it may take longer for you to get better since your immune system is weaker now as it has to take care of two :) feel better!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Yes I had a 24 hour bug with my son and it sucked, but I was far enough along that the dr said I could have tums if I needed them. Drink lots of fluids if you can and get lots of rest.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I have it now and I am so freak'n miserable! I have been in this dang bed for 4 days now!!!!! I wish I could take something!
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 12:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• If you have it, I can tell you that the heating pad betwen your legs helps alot.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 12:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I'm at the end of mine now...it's been miserable. Doctors put me on bedrest for the weekend b/c when it came on I almost passed out at work. The only thing you can take is tylenol for the fever and chills..
    missmay5

Answer by missmay5 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I don't think I have the flu because I don't have a fever, just a severe cold but it sucks.

Namaste17

Comment by Namaste17 (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2011