dryness. adult content

lately i've been having a problem with dryness. vaginal dryness. it started a few months ago and my husband is taking it personally. i'm not sure what is causing it. but usually i will dry out on him while we are having sex. i will admit that foreplay could be better but that's never been a problem before. i've had the mirena iud in for 2.5yrs now and no problems that would cause alarm. what could cause a woman to dry out. i'm only 32 years old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Health

• Age, perimenopause.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Use K-y. Infrequent sex will cause dryness. Sometimes it's just natural (premenopausal). If it's infrequent sex, the Dr. will tell you to "take matters into your own hands" at least two times a week.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 12:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Pregnancy did it for me...no fun. Birth control can also cause you to dry out. When i took birth control I was always dry. Some other tips would be more foreplay, let him eat you out, stimulate your nipples (sorry for being graphic but it can help). Also, since you obviously want to be on birth control you can buy nifty over the counter gel for your vagina. He never has to know you use it and it can make sex more pleasurable for both.
    sweetiepie8540

Answer by sweetiepie8540 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Ok this sounds crazy but, How often do you masturbate? Cuz if you go too long without having sex & it gets a pattern, your body pretty much adjusts too. It happened to me when i was 21 with my ex husband so its not just age. Masturbation on a regular basis can help you overcome it. Use it or lose it is what our body does. Unfortunately. It can also be caused by hormones as well. Like after your period it will become dry for some women too. Good Luck hun!
    Mblessesd4x

Answer by Mblessesd4x at 12:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• i had the mirena put in 2.5 years ago at my 6th week check up after i had my daughter. i have not had period since. well i had the bleeding for 6 weeks but after that i haven't had any period at all. i do get the symptoms for pms though but not bleeding. if that makes sence.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• diabetes can also cause dryness.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• I had dryness and used a premarin ointment which helped it lubricate again.
    avilio54

Answer by avilio54 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2011