Wondering what you would do????

I recently went back to work on a per-diem status (as needed) I work in surgery and the hours are very early and very demading. I don't HAVE to work, but it helps a little. The only problem is, when I do work, i get so impatient with my daughter (she's 2 1/2). when Im working my husband is home with her. she doens't go to daycare. I think I get so overtired and irritable that it comes out as frustration with my little one :( IM not sure if it's really worth it. I don't want to be selfish and quit, but I want to be the best I can be for my family...any input is appreciated. thanks :)

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 12:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• If you don't have to work then maybe you should hold off for another year or 2 ... childhood happens just once and you don't want to miss a thing or look back and regret for trying to over extend yourself and being crabby all the time
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 12:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Maybe before heading home, head to the gym to work out those frustrations. Also, try spending time doing something that she enjoys, like going outside. I used to send my kids out to play in the yard while I sat on the porch swing. It allowed them time to play and me time to relax, while at the same time spending time with them.
    jlfarris27

Answer by jlfarris27 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• If you are only working enough to put gas in your car, or you are bring home pay just barley covers something is it really enough. Would you be happier staying home? I find getting out and working a stress relief but days that I have to do all the cooking, cleaning, running and work I do find myself irritable. You need to talk with your husband about how you feel and maybe together the two of you can find a solution. Best of luck~!~

sheer_heart

Answer by sheer_heart at 12:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Just try to remember that she isn't the cause of your stress and that you need to leave your frustration at work. I wish you luck and when I have stressful days I do the same thing. I try to remember that what she is ding is just part of being 2 and she can't control that.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Does she still take naps?
    I would take one too it might help!
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• she still takes naps in the afternoon, but I just can't sleep during the day :( I've tried.

I do try to tell myself that it's not her fault...but when I come home, my hubby leaves for work...so I don't get a chance to even put my feet up.
    calliesmommie

Comment by calliesmommie (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• thank you all for your input!! I really appreciate it. My husband actually doesn't want me to work. I was just doing it as a "break" :) just debating whether or not it's worth it. thanks again :)
    calliesmommie

Comment by calliesmommie (original poster) at 12:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2011