Potty-training my 2-1/2 year old daughter-- Help!

My 2-1/2 daughter wants nothing to do with her "big girl potty" and is quite content going in her diaper.
She has warned me that she had to go a few times in the past and went on the potty, so I know she's ready, but I couldn't keep her excited about the idea and keep it going.

What techniques/plan have you found most successful in potty-training your daughter?

Thanks!

AutumnJade412

Asked by AutumnJade412 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have a boy, so it's different, but we have a potty book, and we let him wear underpants. He does NOT like the feel of going pee in his clothes. Additionally, if he pees on the floor he usually says "Oh NO! Clean up!" We read him the potty book while he sits on the potty, and we talk about how the animals and boys in the book go potty. He enjoys the book. Good luck.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 6:02 PM on Jan. 26, 2011